Thursday, February 10, 2011

A little personal.

I love getting to know my clients. And I think a huge indication into a person and who they are can be learned on their wedding day. I feel very privileged to get to do this on a regular basis. Truly. I've always been a people watcher, and although most times I'm afraid to let people in close to me, I actually enjoy these interactions and getting  (<-- yes, that's my eye!) to know new people on one of the most happiest days of their lives. It's kind of strange- but you know how people talk about old friends and being able to pick up where they left off over a long break in communication? I feel that way about my clients. I know it's not a conventional 'friendship', but it's almost like we have been through war together, and the camaraderie is there. (Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting that a wedding is like a war zone, or that war is as easy as a wedding ceremony. Let's be clear.) Okay, so why am I blogging about this.

I feel that my blog- even though I do post some personal stuff- is lacking in that department a bit. I'm so busy working all the time- as a wife, mom, photographer, teacher, bouncer, caretaker, maid, cook, personal trainer, artist, accountant, movie critic, the list can just go on- I don't really get to let my clients know me.  Even just a little bit. So here we go. I believe that you can tell a lot about a person from the kind of music they listen to. Even more so though, I believe you can tell a lot about a person from the kind of music they LOVE. What exactly it tells, is different every time, though. Even though it may be the same artist. It's a complicated system, I agree. Personally, I love Bright Eyes. It's my number one go to group for ANYTHING. Not kidding.

I guess you could say my favorite genre would be folk rock. I don't know if that's a genre... maybe I just made it up. Anyhow, I'm rambling now and I just wanted to share a new discovery with you. I stumbled upon this out there in the internet somewhere, and loved it. (This is not Bright Eyes, but a new discovery. Maybe saddle creek should get ahold of this guy and sign him quick!) So here you go:
(Roo Panes) Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment